Friday, March 18, 2005

THE MONKEYS AT THE CU HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER IN DENVER NEED YOUR HELP

Hi Everyone - THE MONKEYS AT THE CU HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER IN DENVER NEED YOUR HELP. We have been trying for some time to to convince CU to release them to a sanctuary.

Wednesday, March 23, is the date of the next CU Regents meeting in Denver. The FREE THE CU 34 issue is on the agenda. A few of us will be speaking (3 minutes each), and I would like to ask that anyone who is available come and support us. You do not have to speak, but if you would like to, please let me know and I can fill you in on more details. I have some CU 34 t-shirts (black with white letters and logo) that I will be bringing. (For those of you who have already agreed to speak, I will be sending info out by the weekend.)

This meeting will be held at the Tivoli in Denver on March 23, 2005 at noon or shortly after. The exact timing is not finalized yet, but the Regents secretary will call me tomorrow (Friday) to give me a specific time so you don't have to wait around. I will send a second email giving an exact time, but please think about it in the meantime.

CU conducted maternal separation experiments on monkeys for 17 years. That study ended in October 2003. They then held the monkeys at the Health Sciences Center even though they were no longer being used in an experiment. A few months later they began another study to determine if poor mothering in monkeys contributes to adolescent monkey alcoholism. Of course both of these experiments are questionable at best and many think they are completely unnecessary and wasteful.

If you can come to the Regents meeting, please let me know. I hope to see some of you there.

No comments:

Search for More Content

Custom Search

Bookmark and Share

Past Articles