Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Actor Tobey Maguire Continues on the Cruelty Free Path: Removes Leather from his Wardrobe

I post information on celebrities doing positive things because it’s important to reward and give credit to those who are not just living for themselves. I salute Tobey for living based not only on himself, but for a larger cause.

Article:

Tobey Maguire's leather ban

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=
LH108196C&headline=tobey_maguires_leather_ban

Apr 10, 2007, 7:00 GMT

Tobey Maguire has imposed a leather ban on himself.

The 'Spider-Man' star, who has been a vegetarian for fourteen years, is determined to become more animal friendly, starting with all leather goods.

Tobey recently ordered a non-leather interior for his new car, and has even started wearing shoes "made from canvas and stuff like that".

The 31-year-old actor describes himself as "close to becoming a vegan", and as well as not eating meat he also abstains from eggs, cheese and milk.

He said in an interview with Parade magazine: "It's never really been that hard for me. I've never had any desire to eat meat. In fact, when I was a kid I would have a really difficult time eating meat at all. It had to be the perfect bite, with no fat or gristle or bone or anything like that.

"I don't judge people who eat meat, that's not for me to say, but the whole thing just sort of bums me out."

Tobey has also revealed he is considering moving out of Los Angeles for the sake of his five-month-old daughter Ruby - his child with fiancée Jennifer Meyer.

He said: "I'm at that stage where I have to start thinking about where I want Ruby to grow up and go to school. And even though Los Angeles is pretty laid back, maybe, it would be a good idea to try a different, less ambitious kind of atmosphere."

The hotly anticipated third 'Spider-Man' film hits cinema screens next month.

No comments:

Search for More Content

Custom Search

Bookmark and Share

Past Articles