Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Group Asks for Truth in Advertising in Relation to “Naturally Raised” Meat
I received this via email. A great move. Just as with anything, it's only fair to have truth in advertising. Read below and follow the link to find out more and act.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recently allowed companies to slap a “naturally raised” label on meat and meat products that come from animals whose upbringing was far from natural. Raising animals in intensive confinement on factory farms, with no access to sunshine or fresh air - is that natural? We say no! Furthermore, such a label misleads the public and exploits consumer trust in advertising and packaging claims and in government regulation of agriculture.
Let the USDA know you won’t stand for such deceptive claims. Sign the petition to tell the agency its “naturally raised” label is not natural!
Thank you for your compassion,
Gene Baur, President and Co-founder
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (44)
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (100)
- Cruel China at it Again: Brutally Kills over 36,00...
- Jane Goodall States that Global Economic Crisis Af...
- Taiwan will Enact Strict law on Labeling Vegetaria...
- Tebala Shrine Circus Accused of Mistreatment of El...
- Biomedical CO Bioreliance Corp.Cited - 18 Violatio...
- Dr Broom of Cambridge University Veterinary School...
- Group Asks for Truth in Advertising in Relation to...
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2008 (94)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (726)