Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Biomedical CO Bioreliance Corp.Cited - 18 Violations of The Animal Welfare Act: Animals Regaining Consciousness in Refrigeration Unit for Carcasses
Includes Animals Regaining Consciousness While in a Refrigeration Unit for Storing Carcasses
More disturbing proof of the reality behind the doors of organizations that engage in vivisection or animal testing. It’s bad enough to be tortured, but then to wake up in a refrigerator full of carcasses and then die of freezing. Unacceptable.
MD Research Firm Accused of Lab Animal Misuse
June 08, 2009 - An animal rights group says a leading figure in Maryland's biomedical industry, the BioReliance Corp., has been cited for violations of the Animal Welfare Act. The charge includes up to 18 instances in which seemingly euthanized animals regained consciousness while inside a refrigeration unit meant for storing carcasses. Research facilities like BioReliance come under regular inspections by the USDA. But animal welfare groups like PETA say the government office is doing little more than reporting violations when they occur and that inspections are too often based on information voluntarily reported by the labs themselves.
- ► 2013 (77)
- ► 2012 (44)
- ► 2011 (117)
- ► 2010 (100)
- Cruel China at it Again: Brutally Kills over 36,00...
- Jane Goodall States that Global Economic Crisis Af...
- Taiwan will Enact Strict law on Labeling Vegetaria...
- Tebala Shrine Circus Accused of Mistreatment of El...
- Biomedical CO Bioreliance Corp.Cited - 18 Violatio...
- Dr Broom of Cambridge University Veterinary School...
- Group Asks for Truth in Advertising in Relation to...
- ▼ June (7)
- ► 2008 (94)
- ► 2007 (233)
- ► 2006 (726)